Surf Lessons in Jaco Beach Costa Rica.
Jaco Beach is the perfect place to learn to surf!
With average water tempertures at around 78° Fahrenheit, long and slow rolling waves, and local instructors with years of experience in this region, your first surfing lesson in Costa Rica will more than likely result in you standing on your surfboard within your first lesson!
When you visit Jaco Beach, learning how to surf is one of the top experiences in the area. Experience the thrill of standing on your surf board usually within the first lesson! Jaco Beach is well known for many attractions including a tropical paradise for surfing. The beach is long with uncrowded waves and the town is laid-back, with an authentic Pura Vida vibe.
From beginners to intermediate level surfers, we have instructed thousands of happy students and visitors with world class professional lessons. The instructors are bilingual (English and Spanish) and have years of experience in these local waters.
Before entering the water, you will be given instructions including basic techniques, and how to read the waves..
Basic Details and Information about Surf Lessons.
- $ 55 / Person
- One instructor per 2 or 3 students.
- Surfboard rental with leash and rash guard (UV shirt) included for your lesson.
- Outside of lessons, surfboard rentals available per day at reasonable rates.
- Starting location is on Jaco beach at the South end of town.
- Transportation is included (Jaco, Hermosa & Los Sueños).
⌚ Start Times:
- Scheduled start times are between 6am and 3pm but are always dependant on the tide cycle.
- Pick up from your house or condo is approximately 20 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- Duration is approximately 2 hours.
🎒 What to Bring:
- Bathing suit or board shorts.
- Towel and dry clothes if you want to change after the lesson.
- Sun block and or zinc cream for your nose and face. Depending on weather conditions you could be in the sun for quite some time.
- A download link (Dropbox) will be available for purchase, with pictures and videos of your group taken by the in-house photographer.
- A few bucks to tip the instructors.